- Wired Doorbells
- Wireless Doorbells
- Period Doorbells
- Modern Living
- Mechanical Doorbells
Wind Up Doorbells
The Doorbell World windup Doorbells simply fit to the inside of your front door and give a maintenance free, reliable service. The doorbell uses a clockwork action, needing only an occasional winding of the dome. They come as a kit with a standard bell push buttons but optional buttons are available. These bells give a loud ring, using the door itself as a sounding board, and will continue to ring as long as the bell push button is pressed. Visitors can clearly hear that your doorbell is in working order. There is a thin rod that needs to go through the door to release the clockwork mechanism. This rod is adjustable for different door thicknesses, but where doors are particularly thick, we supply longer rods (max 120mm). For an image of installation instructions, Click Here
- The bell unit is normally attached to the door itself rather than a door frame.
- A hole of 5mm diameter will need to be drilled through the door for the rod to release the wind up mechanism.
- The Doorbell is supplied fully wound, please do not wind further, as this may cause the mechanism to jam.
- The rod is adjustable in length, to cope with typical door thicknesses. If your door is particularly thick or thin, additional special length rods can supplied at no extra cost.
- Additional replacement mechanisms can be supplied if necessary
Perfect for any door.
The clockwork mechanism is released by a thin rod that passes through the door to a bell push button on the outside. This rod is adjustable for different door thicknesses, but where doors are particularly thick, we can supply longer rods.
Wind it up.
When fully wound, the bell will ring for approximately 75 seconds, and since a typical visitor will press the bell push for between 2 and 3 seconds, the mechanism will support up to 30 rings.